
This time my excuse for not updating is that I actually have been doing things (writing papers/new boyfriend). Not being too lazy, although it does help. I don't really know where to start, so I'm just going to skip around.

We had a great time in Croydon for Lauren's birthday. Her friends were all really nice, and we spent the evening bar hopping. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the 80's dance bar called Reflex, it was definitely the most disappointing part of the night. But it was nice to get out of the city for a little bit, but even nicer to come back home.

This week was a bit more eventful than the week past, so I'll just skip that. This Monday a group of us went to the Trocadero at Leicester Square. It's a massive indoor shopping center, but the real draw is the three floors of arcade games. I would like to point out that this is really not my scene, but it was lots of fun. I got my driving fix from bumper cars and drove like a true BOSS driver (hitting all the cars and taking out pedestrians). Then we got our prizes and went out near Piccadilly Circus and played soccer in the street for a while before being told off by a cop. It was a very entertaining evening.

On Tuesday Katie and I headed up to Oxford. We went to see Richard's (the boyfriend) organ recital in Queens College. We got up early on Wednesday and walked around the city, nearly missed the Queen, and went to the recital. Oxford is a really nice place, it's so unbelievably old. The architecture is amazing here, it makes me irritated by how much it sucks in Milwaukee. Oh well. It was a peaceful place with lots of beautiful old churches and colleges.

This weekend was kicked off by karaoke night on Thursday, followed by a Friday night out with friends, and Saturday wandering around Oxford Street. Relaxing and necessary.

This week my plan is to write my economics papers and not go crazy doing so. We'll see how that goes. End of the semester = papers.
No comments:
Post a Comment