Wednesday, May 26

My Birthday!


As with all young adults, turning 21 is a big deal. At least with us Americans.


Well, today is my 21st birthday!


I feel like this is probably the most anticlimactic 21st birthday a person can have, considering that I will continue drinking as I have been for the past year. Woo hoo?


 
Today I slept in and then walked around Oxford Street with Katie. I bought myself a pair of sandals (sorry Mom). After searching for some new sandals, I went to Selfridges to buy some macaroons... they didn't have any. Major disappointment. I'll try again tomorrow, I neeeed them. Then I went to meet Richard for dinner and drinks. We went to Mr. Kongs in Chinatown, really tasty place. Richard got some sherry like the classy old woman he is. Then I got my taro bubble tea and we walked down to Gordon's wine bar next to Charing Cross. Gordon's has been around since the 1890s and is a wine cellar (photo below from this blog), and dingy little place. Good wine, and a nice atmosphere, but really pricey.


Now we're off to the bar for some drinks to celebrate with friends, but the big party is on Friday night. This week it's Richard and my's birthdays, and our friends Aly and Valeria's too! So it's a joint party at the bar, I'm pretty excited for it.


Note: 2 exams and 2 weeks to go. Lame.

No comments: