Friday, October 23

One month gone? Already?

I can't believe we've already been in London for a month. I can't decide if it feels like we've been here longer or shorter than that... I can give people directions (long), but I also still get lost on campus (short). One down, seven to go.

This week was pretty laid back. Sunday we spent doing laundry, and then watched the NFL for probably five hours. It was great considering all we've been able to watch is soccer, which I don't mind, but I love American football. (You have to specify which football you're talking about here.) We did make some friends through putting the NFL on in the common area. I tried teaching my friend Tiisetso about how American football works, but it was just too hard.

Wednesday was exciting. With our theatre class, we went to the Globe Theatre and got a tour of the building. The theatre shuts down for the winter though, so we won't be able to see a play until late April when it reopens. It was a really beautiful building, very tall and open to the elements. That night we went to see Cymbeline at the Youth Arts Theatre. I'm not the biggest fan of Shakespeare, but it was a good interpretation of the story, more modernized. It was pretty funny, too.

Thursday was the beginning of the weekend for me. Mostly spent in bed after getting home from class (I've been so tired all week). After Katie's exhilarating trip to the Health Clinic, we decided to go out. There was an event at ISH called Vintish, where they sold vintage clothes and resale, but it was a pretty tiny affair, and the free food was gone so we went to a bar. We headed to The Masons Arms for a drink, it's not far from us, about 4 blocks. After they closed at 11, we met up with our friends Mad and Alexandra at ISH for karaoke night. It was pretty hilarious, lots of Lady Gaga and some kids from our theatre class were there, too. (I've decided that British people love American things, especially Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson.)

Today we went back up to the Camden Markets to roam around the shops we hadn't seen last time. We didn't find the delicious doughnuts we had last time, but instead got some Chinese food. I got a pair of shoes and 2 pashminas. With my new shoes burning a hole in my... pocket?... I decided we had to go out so I could wear them. We went to Trafalgar Square, and headed up to Leicester Square to find a nice looking bar. We ended up at the Sussex, about a block away from the square. It was really nice out today, so we sat outside and people-watched. Overall, a good day.

Tomorrow we head to the Isle of Wight. I'll update on Sunday with pictures!

No comments: